Please see the Facebook page of ecofitter & Environmental Health Consulting - here you will find up-to-date information on wireless radiation, food, healthy communities, bed bugs, agriculture, sleep, toxic personal care products and more! Drop in at the Cranberry Camp store/office to pick up some resources in our 4 key areas: food, water, air, spaces (cleaners and their ingredients, equipment (Radon Monitors, Trifield meters), tools (Total Suspended Solid meter), books, water filters, zeolite, solar cookers, etc). Store hours will be by appointment and by chance (as well as Friday evenings and Saturday mornings) so telephoning first is a good idea!
Learning and sharing about healthy living is our passion.
Here are few photos of Cranberry Camp:
1) 1995, Anderson, Nina; Your Health and Your House: A Resource Guide (Paperback)
still probably the best overall resource, even though we have newer technologies added to our environment. By used as a good starting point.
2) 2003; Hobbs, Angela; The Sick House Survival Guide; Simple Steps to a Healthier Home, ; New Society Publishers - the BEST reference for anyone thinking that they may be ill from there environment. Very practical - not much has changed since 2003! 3) 2007; Blanc, Paul D.; How Everyday Products make People Sick, University of California Press - very detailed, technical, home/ workplace application
4) 2010; Boyd, David R.; Dodging the Toxic Bullet; how to protect yourself from everyday environmental health hazards, Greystone Books, Vancouver Canada - a Canadian book, very thorough, accurate and well written; I would recommend this to everyone!
5) 2008; Shabecoff, Philip, Shabecoff, Alice; Poisoned Profits; the Toxic Assault on our Children, Random House - a well researched and well-written book with good ideas and tips especially for young families
6) 2010; Davis, Derva; Disconnect - a level-headed approach to looking at the issues and information about cell phones, wireless, and WiFi
7) 2010; Milham, Samuel; Dirty Electricity; Electrification and the Diseases of Civilization - a good historical epidemiology read, plus, it's short and easy to finish!
Videos and documentaries
1) Documentary about Rachel Carson and her life. So important to ensure ecological awareness as it impacts human health. If the world is not healthy we cannot possibly be. http://www.pbs.org/video/2365935530/ 3) A video about how to make behavioral changes - some of you health promotors and public health inspectors might like this one: All Washed Up from Vital Smarts. How do we make positive changes? 5) For your entertaintment a lighter look at Environmental Health and why we conduct healthy space assessments, watch this short explanation (5.38min) by Alex Stadtner with cartoon illustration animation, a Funny Video about Health Buildings 6) "The Story of Cosmetics" (2010; 7 min) - Exposing the ugly truth about personal care products – brought to you by the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics, Annie Leonard’s Story of Stuff Project, and Free Range Studios 7) About child health and exposures, see the short (3.45min) video, A Wake Up Story
Other Resources/Links related to Environmental Health:
Local products and supplies:
Information about materials and products
bio-pesticides approved in Canada
Clean Volt (surge arrester, may assist with dirty electricity, added at your electrical panel)
Multiple Chemical Sensitivities resources:
Several useful organizations for support and information about environmental sensitivities:
Useful information about radiofrequency:
Useful information about living in a greener planet in general:
That's enough tips. Please contact us for more guidance.